William H. Campbell, Circuit Clerk of Worth County, is a native of Shelby County, Indiana, and was born October 25, 1842. He is the second son of Alfred and Mariah Campbell, who were old settlers of Gentry County, having moved with the3 subject of this sketch to that county in 1844. William was there rearede to manhood and received his education, spending his early years in the occupation of farming. In 1868, he accepted a position as clerk in the store of Campbell & Colvin, at Ellenorah, Missouri, and afte3r remaining there two years, he removed to Denver, this county, where he was occupied in a like capacity till 1874. At this time he was called upon by the citizens of Worth County to occupy his present responsible position, and which he fills to the satisfaction of all. Mr. C. is largely interested in the welfare of the county, and is a landholder to the extyent of 320 acres, besides owning property in Grant City. He was married January 8, 1879, to Miss J. DeWitt, who was also born in Indiana. They have one child, William.
The History of Gentry and Worth Counties, Missouri, National Historical Co., St. Joseph, Missouri, p. 725.